- Roadside mowing/brushing, which helps with site lines and reduces the chance of the roads growing in
- Culvert maintenance and replacements when necessary, to help with drainage
- Ditching, to help improve drainage
- Road surface sweeping, to clear sand residue left over on roadways after winter sanding operations
- Pot hole patching and spray patching, which helps eliminate minor imperfections in the road surface
- Grading of gravel roads, to help eliminate washboard and improve water runoff
- Application of a dust suppressant, to help keep dust at a minimum and stabilize the gravel surface
- Application of fresh gravel, where needed
- Speed/warning sign maintenance and replacement
- Guidepost installation and maintenance
Summer Road Maintenance
Summer is a busy time for our Public Works staff, who work hard to keep our roads, parks and facilities in good repair. If you see something on a road or municipal property that needs repair or attention, please get in touch.
Sign up for News and Notices!
Keep up to date with everything happening in Algonquin Highlands by receiving regular updates to your inbox!