- Only a single pile is burned at any one time.
- The pile is not more than 2 metres in diameter and less than 2 metres high.
- The fire is at least 3 metres from any flammable materials.
- You have adequate tools or water to contain the fire to the fire site.
- A responsible person tends the fire until it is extinguished.
Grass fires are prohibited.
If you are camping in Algonquin Highlands, please ensure that your campfire complies with the Open Air Burning By-law and is no bigger than 60 cm by 60 cm. Campfires must be extinguished completely at the end of the night and when leaving the campsite. Campfires established for cooking (using a grill) or for warmth do not require permits and the daytime restrictions do not apply.
If conditions become extreme, the MNR or the Township retains the authority to declare a Fire Ban on all fires including those for cooking and warmth.