The purpose of the committee is to assist Council with the implementation of the Cultural Plan based on the Vision, Goals and Actions contained in the Plan. Timing for commencing actions will be directly linked to availability of funds and resources.
The Committee membership consist of the following:
- Two members of Council
- Township's Staff Person
- And may consist of a minimum of Seven (7) members from the community with emphasis on representatives from the following groups:
- Haliburton County Development Corporation
- Haliburton County Public Library
- Municipal Museum and Recreation Committees
- Arts Council ~ Haliburton Highlands
- Oxtongue Lake Community Centre Committee
- Oxtongue Lake Arts and Culture
- Youth Representative (16 - 30 years)
- Other Cultural Groups
Note: The Cultural Resources Committee is currently not meeting. The Cultural Plan Working Group has been formed to review the current Cultural Plan and make recommendations to Council. Following the completion of the review of the Cultural Plan by the Working Group, a call for applications for membership on the Cultural Resources Committee will commence. Meetings are held during the daytime and dates, times, and location to be determined.
View Cultural Resources Committee Terms of Reference