The Building & By-Law Department is responsible for the enforcement of by-laws passed by Council for the Township of Algonquin Highlands.
Issues that are typically dealt with include:
- Accumulation of debris on private property
- Illegal dumping
- Mandatory recycling
- Animal licensing & control
- Noise (including Fireworks)
- Zoning By-law violations (e.g. trailers on vacant lands, building without a permit)
- Docking and mooring at public docks
By-law complaints can be submitted in one of two ways:
- Online Complaint Form or
- Complete, print and sign the paper version of the By-law Complaint Form, and submit by mail, fax or in person to the contact information listed below. Note: Information that you type on this form cannot be saved, so it is important to PRINT the form once you have entered all the information. The form can then be submitted by mail, fax or in person.
Complaints will be accepted only if the following information is provided:
- Complainant name, address and telephone number.
- Location (address) of the occurrence.
- Description of complaint, including the date, time and details of the occurrence.
The Township will respond to your complaint as soon as possible. If the situation is an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Chief Building Official/By-Law Enforcement Officer
Phone: 705.489.2379, Ext. 330
Deputy Chief Building Official/By-Law Enforcement Officer
Phone: 705.489.2379, Ext. 326
By-Law Enforcement Officer
Phone: 705.489.2379, Ext. 339
Sign up for News and Notices!
Keep up to date with everything happening in Algonquin Highlands by receiving regular updates to your inbox!