- Campsite capacities are restricted to a maximum of 4, 6, or 10 persons. Group sites are unavailable to family and/or friend groups.
- HHWT Group Campsites are specifically and only for organizations which provide and specialize in outdoor education and/or wilderness tripping. Typically, these organizations have accreditation with a governing body such as the Ontario Camps Association, Scouts Canada or similar; a curriculum and mandate related to back country camping; guides and instructors certified in wilderness first aid and backcountry camping related instruction; insurance for leading backcountry camping expeditions; and a publically open enrollment process. The process for an organization to be approved for group site reservations requires that a member of the organization be listed as the main contact and be solely responsible for all bookings related to that organization and for ensuring that the organization understands and accepts all risks and liability associated with leading groups on back country trips. If you represent an organization meeting the aforementioned criteria and you would like to reserve Group Campsites with the Haliburton Highlands Water Trails, please contact the trails office at 705-766-9033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ask you a series of questions about your organization to determine your eligibility. No consideration will be given to large groups of family/friends.
- Please call the Trails Department Office 705-766-9033 directly for trip planning advice before making a reservation.
- Reservations can be made in advance up to the day of arrival for the entire camping season.
- Multiple reservations in the same name for the same time period are not allowed (except for Agents of approved organizations).
- A campsite may be reserved and occupied for a maximum of 6 consecutive nights and 7 days.
- Reservations cannot be assigned from one person to another without changing the reservation.
- For any change to a reservation, a non-refundable administrative fee will be charged.
- Reserved campsites may be occupied starting at 12:00 noon (EST) on scheduled day of arrival.
- Checkout time - campsites must be vacated before 12:00 noon (EST) on the date of departure.
- Cancellations and changes to the arrival date must be made by 12:00 noon (EST) of the original scheduled day of arrival.
- Reservations are only held until 12:00 noon (EST) the day following your scheduled arrival date. Reservations not claimed by this time will be considered a “no show”.
Camping permits are required for backcountry campsites in both the Frost Centre and Poker Lakes Canoe Route areas. To make, change or cancel a backcountry campsite reservation, or to view campsite availability, visit our online reservation page.
We do experience a high volume of calls, so unless you're reserving a canoe, booking online will be the most accessible option. Reservations can also be made by phone at 1-866-364-4498, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days a week. View canoe routes and itinerary suggestions.
- Full payment is required at the time of reservation
- Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard, debit, cheque or money orders; for Call Centre or Internet reservations payment is by Visa or MasterCard only.
- Cheques and Money Orders must be received within 14 days of making your reservation to confirm your campsite and at least 21 days prior to your arrival date.
- NSF/cancelled cheques will void your reservation immediately and be subject to an administration fee.
- Please make cheques payable to the Township of Algonquin Highlands. Please indicate the HHWT reservation/booking number on the back of the cheque.
- For cancellation notices given 1 week (7 days) or more in advance of date of arrival, a 60% refund will be issued, for notices less than 1 week from date of arrival a 40% refund will be issued.
- A “no show” will result in the reservation being cancelled with no refund.
- Under extenuating circumstances (member of camping party is seriously ill, death in the immediate family), campers may be eligible for a full refund. Conditions such as weather, high insect populations, etc. DO NOT constitute a valid reason for a refund. To apply for a refund, please contact our staff at the Trails Office at 705-766-9033.
COVID-19 Lockdown Refund Policy:
- If provincially mandated COVID-19 regulations require that campsites be closed, a refund for the required cancellation will be provided for all fees EXCEPT the non-refundable $10 reservation fee, which will be forfeit. If a COVID-19 lockdown related cancellation is required, a customer service representative will be in contact with you to process the cancellation and refund.
|Camping Fees - All taxes are extra||Per Night||Disabled|
|Per Adult (age 18 or older)||$12.83||50% of rate|
|Seniors (age 60+)||$10.44|
|Per Youth (age 6-17)||$5.93||50% of rate|
|Per Child (age 5 and younger)||$0.00||$0.00|
|Per Group Campsite (11-16 people)||$162.33||50% of rate|
|Reservation Fees (non-refundable)||Fee|
|To make or change a reservation||$10.00|
*All fees are subject to change.
Sign up for News and Notices!
Keep up to date with everything happening in Algonquin Highlands by receiving regular updates to your inbox!