Adventure Begins Here
Skating and Outdoor Rinks
- Rink availability is weather dependent
- Do not use the rinks during periods of thaw when ice surface is wet or soft or marked as closed
- The use of appropriate helmets is strongly recommended
- Please respect the environment, dispose of litter in the receptacle provided
- Hours of use is sunrise to 11:00 pm (lights will go out at 11pm nightly)
- Rinks are available for both skating and hockey, please respect one another in this shared use space
- Outdoor rinks are unsupervised. Users of the outdoor rinks do so at their own risk, and therefore, voluntarily assume all risks associated with use. The Township of Algonquin Highlands does not assume responsibility for related risks or injuries. Outdoor equipment/structures are not sanitized.
Dorset Ice Palace
- Located at the Dorset Lions Centennial Park, main street, Dorset (beside the Algonquin Highlands Fire Hall, station 60)
- Open daily until 11:00 pm. Lights turn on automatically
- Heated changeroom on site
- Outdoor privy on site
- Located at the Stanhope Park, 1095 North Shore Road, Algonquin Highlands
- Open daily until 11:00 pm. Lights can be turned on by the user on the light post next to the rink
- Outdoor privy on site beside the picnic pavilion
Sign up for News and Notices!
Keep up to date with everything happening in Algonquin Highlands by receiving regular updates to your inbox!