Photo of Documents and Stamp

If you require the services of a Commissioner of Oaths, we can help!

The Clerk, the Treasurer or the Planner are available to commission documents free of charge.  Anyone wishing to have a document commissioned must present photo identification.  Typical situations requiring a commissioner are;

  • Gifting of vehicles
  • Foreign pensions
  • Government documents

Please note that staff are not authorized to sign anything requiring a Notary Public.  Should you have a document requiring the signature of a Notary Public, you should contact a lawyer’s office.

If you require a document to be commissioned, please call ahead of time to determine the availability of Commissioners.

Please note that identification pieces cannot be expired.  Health Cards cannot be used as photo identification in Ontario.

Contact Information

Dawn Newhook
Municipal Clerk
Phone: 705-489-2379