Skip to main content Skip to footer

Algonquin Highlands

Minor Variances

If your plans for your property don't conform to the Zoning By-law but follows its general intent, you may apply for a Minor Variance.

A Minor Variance does not amend the by-law, but allows the owner to vary from a specific requirement of the By-law and to obtain a building permit.

The Township of Algonquin Highlands Committee of Adjustment, appointed by Council, deals with Minor Variances and holds hearings to decide on such applications.

Applicants are advised to consult the Planner to decide whether a Minor Variance is the best approach, or if an amendment to the Zoning By-law is necessary for the proposed change. To apply for a Minor Variance, fill out an application form and submit it with the appropriate fee and all other required information to the Planner.

Sign up for News and Notices!

Keep up to date with everything happening in Algonquin Highlands by receiving regular updates to your inbox!

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.