Welcome to the Township of Algonquin Highlands Parks, Recreation & Trails Department. The Haliburton Highlands is home to many of the best water trails and hiking trails in Ontario’s Highlands Tourism Region. Here you can find countless opportunities to canoe, camp, hike, snowshoe, ski, snowmobile, ATV, fish, hunt, cottage or just relax and take in the scenery.
The Township of Algonquin Highlands manages over 38 km of hiking trails, 26 km of nordic ski trails, hundreds of campsites, portages, area lakes and canoe routes. Since 2002 we’ve been successfully working to preserve, protect and promote our outdoor and natural recreational opportunities through a proactive, sustainable management approach.
The Township works in partnership with all stakeholders including the Townships of Lake of Bays, Minden Hills, the County of Haliburton and the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources.
Here at algonquinhighlands.ca you can view information about:
- Local trail conditions
- The Haliburton Highlands Water Trails - Frost Centre and Poker Lakes Areas
- Hiking trails
- Ski and snowshoe trails
- Camping fees and reservations
- Equipment rentals, and
- Maps of the area.
Many other trails are within Algonquin Highlands and we recommend you visit the following websites for specific information:
Cycling/Mountain Biking Trails
Algonquin Provincial Park
Access points for the Haliburton Highlands Water Trails, Algonquin Highlands Hiking Trails and the Frost Centre Ski and Snowshoe Trails.
View Algonquin Highlands Access Points in a larger map
Other Trail and Tourism Links
Trails Office (Haliburton Highlands Water Trails)
- 20130 Highway # 35 North
- Phone: 705-766-9033
- Mailing Address:
- Township of Algonquin Highlands
- 1123 North Shore Road
- Algonquin Highlands, ON
- K0M 1J1
Hours of Operation
May to August
- Open 7 days a week
- Sunday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
September to October
- Open 7 days a week
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
November to April
- Open 7 days a week (except public holidays)
- 10:00am to 3:00pm
- NOTICE: Starting Saturday, November 14, 2015, the Trails office will be open Monday-Friday 10:00am to 3:00pm. The re-opening of the Trails office for 7 days a week will depend on snow conditions in December, which will be assessed on an ongoing basis.