The Haliburton/Stanhope Municipal Airport is located near the more populated south-central area of Haliburton County that provides community airport services to the County's residents and visitors.
The Haliburton/Stanhope Municipal Airport is a registered aerodrome and is advertised in the Canada Flight Supplement (CFS).
An active, council-appointed Airport Committee plans and manages a variety of aviation-related annual events including fly-ins, pancake breakfasts, chili lunches, and the always-popular Young Eagles Day.
Please see the Township's Events Listings for dates and details on these great events.
The following facilities are provided at the airport:
- Runway 08-26 (Code 1 Non-Instrument Runway) is 2,500 ft x 60 ft (762m x 18m) and is paved and lighted.
- Elevation 1066 feet ASL.
- Unicom and ARCAL on 123.200 MHZ.
- Taxiways connect to on-site public use and hangar areas, and also to off-site privately-owned areas.
- Low intensity runway/taxiway/lighting system on ARCAL.
- Main aircraft parking apron is 32,300 sq ft (3,000 sq m).
- Turf tie-down area for outdoor storage of aircraft.
- Airport Terminal Building: 1000 sq ft (92.9 sq m) building with lower level washroom facilities.
- New, Township owned, 90,282 sq ft (8 387.5 sq m) T-hangar complex with 25,236 sq ft (2 344.5 sq m) of hangar space in 20 aircraft stalls.
- Township owned commercial hangar building for heated indoor maintenance and/or storage of up to 5 aircraft.
- Two Township owned T-hangars with stalls for 6 aircraft.
- Two-bay heavy equipment and vehicle workshop.
- 1000 sq ft (92.9 sq m) office space used annually by the OMNRF for their forestry firefighting base.
- Automated weather information system.
- 100 LL Avagas and Jet A-1 aviation fuels available through card lock system accepting major credit cards.
- Taxi and rental cars on call.
- Washrooms, showers and snacks at the terminal building.
- Visa, Mastercard, cheques, and cash accepted.
- No landing fees.
Haliburton/Stanhope Airport CND4: N 45.06.39 W78.38.24
Hours of operation: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (ET)
Weather and 5-day forecast
For more detailed information, use the Canadian Government's Weather Office information for Haliburton.
- Cam Loucks, Airport Manager
- Terminal Building: 705-754-2611
- Cell: 705-457-0806
- Email: email@example.com
- Airport Terminal Building
- 1168 Stanhope Airport Road
- Algonquin Highlands, ON K0M 1J1
The Haliburton/Stanhope Airport is owned and operated by the Township of Algonquin Highlands.