The Haliburton/Stanhope Municipal Airport is located near the more populated south-central area of Haliburton County that provides community airport services to the County's residents and visitors.
The Haliburton/Stanhope Municipal Airport is a registered aerodrome and is advertised in the Canada Flight Supplement (CFS).
An active, council-appointed Airport Committee plans and manages a variety of aviation-related annual events including fly-ins, pancake breakfasts and the always-popular Young Eagles Day.
Please see the Township's Events Listings for dates and details on these great events.
The following facilities are provided at the airport:
- Runway 08-26 (Code 1 Non-Instrument Runway) is 2,500 ft x 60 ft (762m x 18m) and is paved and lighted
- Elevation 1066 feet ASL
- Unicom and ARCAL on 123.2
- Taxiways connect to on-site public use and hangar areas, and also to off-site privately-owned areas. Low intensity parallel runway/taxiway lighting system has remote radio control access. The main aircraft parking apron is 32,300 sq ft (3,000 sq m). There is a turf tie-down area for outdoor storage of aircraft.
- Public building: 1,000 sq ft (90 sq m) building with lower level
- Township-owned “T Hangar" complex with a storage capacity of 16 aircraft
- Township-owned commercial/hangar building for heated indoor maintenance and/or for storage of up to 5 aircraft
- Two-bay vehicle workshop
- 90 sq m office space used annually by the MNR for their forestry firefighting base
- Automated weather information system
- Avgas 100 LL and Jet-A fuel
- Taxi and rental cars on call
- Washrooms, showers and snacks at the Terminal. Visa, cheque and cash accepted.
- No landing fees
Haliburton/Stanhope Airport CND4: N 45-06-39 W78-38-24
Hours of operation: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (ET)
Weather and 5-day forecast
For more detailed information, use the Canadian Government's Weather Office information for Haliburton.
- Airport Manager
- Terminal Building: 705-754-2611
- Cell: 705-457-0806
- Email: email@example.com
- Airport Terminal Building
- 1168 Stanhope Airport Road
- Algonquin Highlands, ON K0M 1J1
The Haliburton/Stanhope Airport is owned and operated by the Township of Algonquin Highlands.