Summer is a busy time for our Public Works staff, who work hard to keep our roads, parks and facilities in good repair.
Regular summer road maintenance activities include:
- Roadside mowing/brushing, which helps with site lines and reduces the chance of the roads growing in
- Culvert maintenance and replacements when necessary, to help with drainage
- Ditching, to help improve drainage
- Road surface sweeping, to clear sand residue left over on roadways after winter sanding operations
- Pot hole patching and spray patching, which helps eliminate minor imperfections in the road surface
- Grading of gravel roads, to help eliminate washboard and improve water runoff
- Application of a dust suppressant, to help keep dust at a minimum and stabilize the gravel surface
- Application of fresh gravel, where needed
- Speed/warning sign maintenance and replacement
- Guidepost installation and maintenance
Did you know that Public Works staff also provide the following services?
- Landfill maintenance, including weekly covering of waste and scheduling of recycle bin replacements
- Cemetery maintenance and interments
- Parks maintenance
- Building maintenance
- Airport property maintenance
If you see something on a road or municipal property that needs repair or attention, check out our Report a Problem page for information on how to contact us.
Stanhope Public Works Yard
1085 North Shore Road
Dorset Public Works Yard
1850 Kawagama Lake Road