The Environment and Stewardship Committee provides recommendations to Council on environmental initiatives, energy conservation measures and support for waste diversion with an emphasis on public education and inter-agency collaboration.
Agenda and Minutes
Agenda and minutes from the committee are public documents and available through the County of Haliburton CivicWeb Portal.
Terms of Reference
The Environment and Stewardship Committee is guided by the Terms of Reference established by Council. The committee has been tasked with the following goals:
- The Environment and Stewardship Committee through its activities and support of Council will propose environmental initiatives, energy conservation measures and support for waste diversion.
- The committee will undertake educational initiatives to raise the profile of the environment and to further public understanding environmental practices.
- The committee will co-operate with, but avoid duplicating, the activities of other community organizations.
- The committee will be a catalyst for local initiatives that promote environmental sustainability, integrity and conservation of municipal resources and the eco-systems within it.
- The committee will develop a plan to make recommendations to enhance and promote Official Plan environmental objectives.
The Committee is represented by the following members:
- Two (2) Township Councillors appointed by the Reeve
- One (1) staff member
- Four (4) members of the public with emphasis from the following groups:
- The Haliburton Land Trust.
- CHA (Coalition of Haliburton Property Association).
- Haliburton High Secondary School Eco-Team.
- Environment Haliburton.
- Two (2) members of the public who are a Municipal Elector
- One position Vacant
If you're interested in joining the committee, please contact the CAO/Clerk to find out when seats on the committee may be available.
Chief Administrative Officer/Clerk
Phone: 705-489-2379 x222
Additional Information & Links
Algonquin Highlands Official Plan
Algonquin Highlands Energy Management Plan
“Planning for Climate Change in Muskoka”, Muskoka Watershed Council
“Haliburton County: Food and the Official Plan”, Community Food Assessment Partners